Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I hate mosquitos

For some reason since I moved to Tennessee it seems that I am more prone to mosquito bites than when I lived in other parts of the country. Having lived in Illinois, Florida, and Colorado.

Growing up in 'the cornfield' in Illinois,  yes I got bit but nothing like here.

It seems like they are a different type of mosquito here than anywhere else. Maybe it is just living on the plateau.  The Cumberland Plateau is one of the most diverse biospheres in the world.

But what I personally have noticed is when I get bit it is like a hot match being poked on me. And yes, I go have scars on my legs from terrible reactions.  I have many a times come into the house with tears from the pain. I do have a high pain tolerance.

I try to spray with a repellent but doesn't always work.  I keep a supply on hand of Benedryl spray to help with the pain.

So alas, I am limited to what I can do outside, and when I can do it.

Price I pay for living in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

1 comment:

  1. I hate them, too. Evil nasty things! I get HUGE welts when they bite, too - it's horrible! And my whole family and I can be outside and I'm the one getting bitten.

    ReplyDelete